Home Loans – Poughkeepsie, NY
Your Trusted Poughkeepsie, NY Mortgage Lender
exPLORE YOUR Loan OPTIONS
In Poughkeepsie, NY, Prysma Lending Group is the trusted lender to offer both conventional and unconventional loans. We have been able to assist families and individuals in realizing the possibilities and options to owning their own home. Our team of mortgage loan originators is here to lay out the best options for your mortgage based on your financial situation. We have two offices located in Connecticut at your convenience:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT
If you have any questions, you can fill out the form or give us a call at (855) 782-0862.
Your different Poughkeepsie Mortgage loan options
The 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN POUGHKEEPSIE, NY
The 4 step process that we have developed for Prysma’s borrowing process is simple and easy. Getting pre-qualified for a loan is determined by one of our licensed mortgage loan originators. The Poughkeepsie home that is right for you is determined by the amount of the loan granted based on your financial situation.
The pre-qualification process starts with working with one of our Prysmas’s licensed mortgage loan originators. You need to get pre-qualified for the loan to get the the determined loan amount for your future home. Our loan specialists will help you through the entire process to get you into your Poughkeepsie home.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
The next step is to search for your new home. It’s important to think about the different factors that buyers often overlook, including the neighborhood, the location, price, and safety. After you decide that you have found your dream home, its time to make an offer with the seller. Negotiations will occur until you reach a final sale price.
Now that you have chosen your Poughkeepsie home, you can work with the mortgage loan originator and start applying for the loan. The loan application can be daunting, but our team is with you every step of the way.
closing & Moving in
The closing and moving in process will begin once your offer and loan have been approved for your mortgage!
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for Poughkeepsie Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding Poughkeepsie Home Mortgage Loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans in Poughkeepsie
There is no government financing for The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA) loans offered, nor do they back or insure the loans. The lender is responsible for the financing and mortgaging. Our Prysma conventional loan options are:
- Fixed-Rate Loan: This type of loan is excellent for the Poughkeepsie homeowner that is organized and reliable to make month-to-month payments. A set fixed rate determines the monthly payment amount in exchange for a set down payment. The market and interest variables do not impact your payments and financing for paying the mortgage.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: For Poughkeepsie homeowners who are planning on keeping the house for only a short period of time, ARM loans are a perfect option. ARM loans have a lower rate during the initial period but are fluctuating based on the market conditions and index rates. Your rate could be lower or higher on different months but limits the maximum amount the rate can increase. When the ARM loan is determined, an interest cap will be negotiated and placed on your mortgage.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Poughkeepsie
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan: Federal Housing Administration offers FHA loans backed by the government and insured through the Lender. FHA loans have lower down payments, lower closing costs, and even lower interest rates. The lender can offer you a better deal. Still, borrowers must have lawful residency in the U.S., a valid Social Security number, and a steady employment history within the past two years.
- Tax ID Loan: Borrowers with a passport and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) can still be offered a loan even if they are non-US citizens. The borrower does not have to have a social security number, credit score, or green card.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loan: Veterans looking for a mortgage loan in Poughkeepsie can apply for a VA loan that includes lower interest rates compared to conventional and no need for a down payment. The veteran must show proof of military service, no dishonorable discharge, and other financial information.
Mortgage Refinancing in Poughkeepsie
- Mortgage Refinancing Options: Refinancing options here at Prysma offer adjustments to your monthly payments. The adjustments can include increasing or decreasing interest rates or monthly payments to pay less throughout the loan or pay off the loan more rapidly. With mortgage refinancing, we want to offer options for our borrower’s lifestyles and financial needs to better your financial situation.
Reverse Mortgage Options in Poughkeepsie
- Reverse Mortgage Options: Reverse mortgage options are great for homeowners over the age of 62 and want to exchange their current equity for cash. The exchange comes with the ownership of the home, and Prysma pays you rather than paying monthly payments for the mortgage. The borrower does not have to make payments until the house is vacated and sold. The cash is an excellent line for another form of income monthly for retired borrowers.
Our Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma Lending Group offers both conventional and unconventional mortgage loans in Connecticut and New York. Each step of our process will be guided by one of our loan specialists to assist you in any way possible. You can work with us over the phone, online, and in person.
Our office locations are here at your convenience to meet with us at one of our Connecticut offices at:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT; or
4750 Main St, Bridgeport