Home Loans – Cambridge, MA
Your Trusted cambridge, MA Mortgage Lender
exPLORE YOUR Loan OPTIONS
Prysma is the Cambridge, MA area’s trusted lender for all of your conventional & unconventional loan needs.
Prysma has helped thousands of families successfully navigate the path to owning their own home.
Our dedicated mortgage loan experts will explain the best loan options, loan rates, and any other specific questions you may have.
If you would rather meet with one of our experts in person to learn more about our services, we have two offices available at:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT
To start your new and exciting journey to homeownership, fill out the form to the left, or call us today at: (203) 743-9985
Your different cambridge Mortgage loan options
THE 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN Cambridge, ma
Whether you are relocating to Cambridge or if you are buying your first home, Prysma can help you through the home buying process. We have broken down the process of owning your own home into an easy four-step process.
Our licensed Mortgage Loan Originators will speak with you for a pre-qualification up to a specific amount. Knowing this amount helps you to shop for a home that is in the price range most likely to be right for your family. Your loan specialist will help you to evaluate the best loan option for your needs. We’ll guide you through the process and answer your questions.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
Now it’s time to start shopping! You should be sure to consider location and safety of the neighborhood in addition to the price of the home. When you find the right property, you’ll make an offer to purchase and negotiate the price and the terms with the seller.
When you have a signed and accepted offer and have agreed to the final price of the home, you’ll return to Prysma to apply and lock in your loan for your Cambridge area home with our Mortgage Loan Originator. Your loan specialist with assist you with each part of this process.
closing & Moving in
Last, you’ll prepare for your closing and close on the property. Afterwards, you get to move in to your new Cambridge home!
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for cambridge Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding cambridge home Mortgage loans
Conventional mortgage loans in cambridge
Conventional loans aren’t supported and insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA). Since the government doesn’t assure backing, we are responsible for all mortgaging. These are our conventional loan choices offered at Prysma:
- Fixed-Rate Loan: If you would like to have fixed monthly payments for your Cambridge, MA mortgage loans, then a fixed-rate loan would be a good choice for you. To obtain this loan, you provide a set down payment as part of the investment. We discuss monthly payments to establish a fixed monthly rate. Since it’s a fixed-rate, it never fluctuates as a result of market or interest variables.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: ARM loans are practical for homeowners in Cambridge, MA planning to keep their house for a short amount of time. These loans have a lower rate at the beginning of the period, and vary depending on index rates and market conditions. An interest cap is set at the beginning and put on your Cambridge, MA mortgage, limiting the highest your interest rate can reach.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Cambridge
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan: Prysma, your Cambridge lender, also offers government-backed Federal Housing Administration insures FHA loans. Prysma can offer you a better deal possibly including a lower down payment, lower closing costs, or lower interest rates. In order to go the route of an FHA loan you will need a Social Security number, lawful residency in the U.S., and a steady two-year employment history.
- Tax ID Loan: These loans are a good idea for Non-US citizens in the Cambridge area who do not have a Social Security number, Green Card, or credit score. If you have a passport and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), you might be eligible for a Tax ID loan.
Veterans Administration (VA) Loan: Cambridge military veterans are eligible for our Veterans Administration (VA) loans. Most of our VA loans don’t require a downpayment and have very low interest rates as compared to conventional loans. To take out a VA loan, you will need to provide us with proof of military service, proof that you haven’t been dishonorably discharged, and prior financial records.
Mortgage Refinancing in Cambridge
Mortgage Refinancing Options: If you already have a mortgage but would like to make changes to your monthly payments or interest rate, a refinance option with Prysma may best for you. When you refinance with us, you may be able to pay off your Cambridge mortgage faster or pay less throughout the entire loan period. We will consider your family’s needs and financial situation to best suit your experience.
Reverse Mortgage Options in cambridge
Reverse Mortgage Options: Homeowners who are over the age of 62 and are looking to increase their monthly income might find that a reverse mortgage option is the best way to go. Reverse mortgages use your existing equity to give you a regular monthly payment. You exchange a portion of the equity in your home each month for cash. Instead of you having to pay us each month, we pay you. The money only has to be repaid when the home is sold or vacated.
Our Connecticut Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma offers both Conventional and Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Cambridge and all throughout Massachusetts. You don’t have to visit our offices to complete the loan process, as each step can be accomplished over the phone or online.
However, if you would like to stop by one of our locations, we have two Connecticut offices:
- 18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
- 4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT