Home Loans – Westport, CT
Your Trusted WestPORT, CT Mortgage Lender
Prysma is your trusted lender for both conventional and unconventional loans in the Westport, CT area.
We have helped families in the Westport area discover that they have the capability to own their very own home.
Members of our staff can sit down with you, and discuss the options that you and your family have when it comes to the best loan options, rates, and relevant factors contributing to your mortgage.
If you would like to meet with us in our office, we have two to choose from:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT
To initiate your first step in owning a home of your own, fill out the form to the left, or call Prysma today at: (888) 743-9985
Your different WESTPORT Mortgage loan options
The 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN WESTPORT, CT
Prysma will assist you throughout the home buying process. Whether this is a relocation or your first house in the Westport, CT area, there is the simple 4-Step process.
The first step entails speaking with one of Prysma’s licenced Mortgage Loan Originators so that they can help you with the pre-qualification process. A member of our team will work with you in order to get you pre-qualified for a loan up to a certain amount. The amount determined will be the set the price range on the Westport homes you can afford. Members of our loan specialist team will be able to answer any questions you have along the way. This is a big decision, so we at Prysma want to make sure you are informed every step of the way.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
Once you are pre-qualified for a loan by Prysma, you can begin your home search immediately. When choosing a new home, there are a number of factors to keep in mind: price, location, and safety among others. Once you have your heart set on a piece of Westport property, it is time to make an offer and negotiate with the seller on the final purchase price.
Once the sale price has been determined, it is time to visit a Prysma Mortgage Loan Originator again. One of our dedicated loan specialists will be there with you every step of the way when to assist you in each part of the Westport loan application process.
closing & Moving in
All that is left once a price has been determined and you have been approved for your mortgage, is to close the deal. Prysma’s job is done at this point, and it is time for you to prepare to move into your new Westport home.
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for Bridgeport Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding Westport home Mortgage loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans in WESTPORT
Conventional loans are those that have no governmental financing, and are backed and insured by either the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA). Prysma, in this case, is responsible for all mortgaging. Prysma offers the following conventional loans to those in Westport, CT:
- Fixed-Rate Loan: Those with a steady, fixed income are suitable for a Fixed-Rate Loan. These typically involve month-to-month payments that will be discussed when financing the loan, and, in exchange for an agreed upon down payment, a simple fixed rate can be decided upon. With this kind of loan, there is no guessing what payment is due once all is said and done.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: If you plan on owning a house in the Westport area for only a short period of time, it may be best to go with an ARM loan. During the predetermined initial period, these loans will have a lower rate than Fixed-Rate Loans. However, once the initial period has passed, loan rates will tend to fluctuate depending on market conditions and index rates. Before all is set in stone, an interest cap is negotiated to determine the maximum rate your Westport mortgage can increase to. In this case, your rate may go up or down depending on the month.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in WESTPORT
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan: Prysma can also offer you government-backed Federal Housing Administration loans, insured by the FHA, for your Westport Home. This allows Prysma to offer you potentially better deals, including lower down payments, lower closing costs, or lower interests rates. This particular loan route requires that you have a Social Security number, proof of residence in the U.S., and a steady two-year employment history.
- Tax ID Loan: These loans are particularly good options if you are not a US citizen. For those without a Social Security number, Green Card, or credit score, you can apply for a Tax ID Loan with a passport, and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) in Westport, CT.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loan: Military Veterans in the Westport area are eligible for Veterans Administration (VA) Loans through Prysma! Most of our VA Loans do not require a downpayment, and have very low interest rates as compared to conventional loans. To apply for a VA loan, you will need proof of your military service, proof that you were not dishonorably discharged, and prior financial records.
Mortgage Refinancing in WESTPORT
- Mortgage Refinancing Options: If you are a Westport resident who wishes to adjust your monthly payments, then refinancing may be your best option. Refinancing essentially allows you raise or lower your interest rates or monthly payments so that you can pay your mortgage faster, or pay less over its lifetime. It is Prysma’s goal to help refinance your Westport mortgage to meet your individual needs and lifestyle.
Reverse Mortgage Options in WESTPORT
- Reverse Mortgage Options: Residents of Connecticut over the age of 62 who want to exchange equity for cash may benefit from a Reverse Mortgage. Essentially, if you take a reverse mortgage, you exchange portions of equity (ownership) of the home, for monthly payments made out to you. Those who are retired find this option fitting as a reliable source of income. With Reverse Mortgages, the borrower isn’t required to pay the lender back until the home is sold or vacated.
Our Connecticut Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma offers Conventional and Unconventional Mortgage Loans to residents of Westport and all of Connecticut. All aspects of the loan process can be handled over the phone or online for your convenience.
If you would like to meet with one of our loan specialists in person, feel free to stop at one of our Connecticut offices:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT 4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT