Home Loans – Waterbury, CT
Your Trusted Waterbury, CT Mortgage Lender
exPLORE YOUR Loan OPTIONS
If you’re seeking a trusted lender for conventional & unconventional loans within the Waterbury area, you’ve come to the right place.
Prysma has helped families within the Greater Waterbury area realize that they do have the option to own their own home.
The Prysma team will work with you, helping you learn about all of the best possible loan options, rates, and circumstantial factors that contribute to your mortgage.
To begin on the path to home ownership, fill out the form to the left, or call us today at: (888) 743-9985
Your different Waterbury Mortgage loan options
The 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN WATERBURY, CT
Prysma will guide you throughout the home buying process, ensuring you understand each and every step. Whether this is a relocation to the Greater Waterbury area or the purchase of your first house, there is the simple 4-Step process.
One of Prysma’s licensed Mortgage Loan Originators can assist you with the pre-qualification process. A member of our team will work to get you pre-qualified for a loan up to a certain amount. Pre-qualification will determine a set amount, which will help to establish the price range for which Waterbury-area property you can afford. Our loan specialists are always available to answer questions. With so many loan options, we want you to be educated and choose the best loan option for your needs.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
Once the pre-qualification process is complete, you can begin shopping for your Waterbury home. There are a number of factors to take into account when deciding on a property; price, location and safety among others are critical factors when looking at different home options. Once you’ve found the perfect property for you, it is time to make an offer and negotiate with the seller on the final purchase price.
Once you’ve decided on it and the sales price has been determined, it’s time to visit Prysma’s Mortgage Loan Originator again in order to apply and secure the right loan for your ideal new home. One of our dedicated loan specialists will personally guide you through each step of the loan process, ensuring you understand each and every step of the way.
closing & Moving in
After you have been approved for your mortgage, and after the seller has accepted your offer, the closing process will begin. Get ready to prepare to move into your new Waterbury home!
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for Waterbury Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding Waterbury home Mortgage loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans in Waterbury
Conventional loans, for which there is no governmental financing, are backed and insured by either the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA). Prysma is responsible for all mortgaging. Prysma offers the following Waterbury conventional loan options:
- Fixed-Rate Loan: Waterbury homeowners who make consistent month-to-month payments/financing might want to borrow a Fixed-Rate Loan. Prysma will meet with you to set your monthly payments with then, in exchange for an agreed upon down payment, assign on one simple fixed rate. By going with a fixed-rate loan, market and interest variables will not affect your mortgage payment.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: Short-term Waterbury home buyers might want to go with an ARM loan. These loans have a lower rate during the determined initial period. Once this period is up, the loan rates fluctuate depending on market conditions and index rates. The maximum your rate can increase is limited due to an interest cap, which is negotiated and placed on your Waterbury mortgage. Your rate might be higher or lower depending on the month.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Waterbury
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan: Prysma, your Waterbury lender, offers Federal Housing Administration-insured FHA loans, which are government-backed. Prysma can offer you a better deal possibly including a lower down payment, lower closing costs, or lower interest rates. You will need a Social Security number, lawful residency in the U.S., and a steady two-year employment history in order to secure an FHA loan.
- Tax ID Loan: Non-US citizens in the Waterbury area who do not have a Social Security number, Green Card, or credit score may be eligible for a Tax ID loan. If you have a passport and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), a Tax ID loan might be the right choice.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loan: Waterbury military veterans are eligible for our Veterans Administration (VA) loans, which don’t require a downpayment! As compared to conventional loans, this type of loan also has very low interest rates. You’ll need proof of military service, proof that you haven’t been dishonorably discharged, and prior financial records in order to take out a VA loan.
Mortgage Refinancing in Waterbury
- Mortgage Refinancing Options: If you want to adjust to your monthly payments, refinancing might be a good choice for you. Refinancing increases or decreases your interest rate or monthly payments so that you can pay off your mortgage more quickly or pay less through the lifetime of the loan. Prysma aims to structure your Waterbury mortgage to meet your financial needs and lifestyle. Refinancing is often a great option for Waterbury homeowners.
Reverse Mortgage Options in Waterbury
- Reverse Mortgage Options: A Reverse Mortgage is an excellent choice for Connecticut residents over the age of 62 who want to exchange equity for cash. Those with reverse mortgages exchange part equity (ownership) of the home for monthly payments rather than making monthly payments for your mortgage. Many reverse mortgage borrowers are retirees in search of income to live on month-to-month. With a Reverse Mortgage, the borrower isn’t required to pay back the lender until the home is vacated or sold.
Our Connecticut Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma offers both Conventional and Unconventional mortgage loans in Greater Waterbury and all throughout Connecticut. To complete the loan process, you don’t have to visit our offices. It can still be accomplished over the phone or online.
You can also stop by one of our physical locations. We have two Connecticut offices:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT