Home Loans – Stamford, CT
Your Trusted Stamford, CT Mortgage Lender
exPLORE YOUR Loan OPTIONS
For all conventional and unconventional loans within the Stamford area, we are your trusted lender.
Families within the Stamford area realize that they do have the option to own their own home with the help of Prysma.
You can meet with someone from our staff of experts and discuss all of the best possible loan options, rates, and circumstantial factors contributing to your mortgage.
Should you elect to meet in person with one of our staff members, Prysma has two offices where you can meet and discuss your potential plan:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT
If a journey to homeownership interests you, fill out the form to the left, or call us today at:
Your different Stamford Mortgage loan options
The 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN Stamford, CT
Prysma is ready to help you through the home buying process. Whether you are relocating to the Stanford area or this is your first house, we’re here. Here is the simple 4-Step process.
You will speak with one of Prysma’s licensed Mortgage Loan Originators to get pre-qualified for a loan up to a certain amount. After we get the amount in your price range, we will find the Stamford home that is right for you. Our loan specialists will take the time to answer all of the questions you have to help ensure you choose the best loan option for your needs.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
The search for your Stamford home can commence after pre-qualification. Make sure to consider all the different factors when looking at different home options, including location, price, and safety of the neighborhood. You can make an offer and negotiate with the seller on the final sales price after you choose the property.
You revisit with Prysma’s Mortgage Loan Originator once you have your Stamford home chosen and a sales price is determined so you can apply and secure the perfect loan for your new home. A dedicated loan specialist will personally guide you through each step of the loan process.
closing & Moving in
Once you have been approved for a mortgage, you can prepare for closing and move into your new Stamford home!
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for Stamford Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding Stamford home Mortgage loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans in Stamford
Conventional loans are not backed or insured by The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA). This means that since there is no governmental financing, the lender (us) is responsible for all mortgaging. These are our Stamford conventional loan options at Prysma:
- Fixed-Rate Loan: These are ideal for a Stamford homeowner who is very reliable month-to-month with payments and financing. In exchange for a set down payment, monthly payments per month will be addressed and set at one simple fixed rate. Thus, market and interest variables won’t leave you guessing what your mortgage payment will be.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: For short term homeowners in Stamford, ARM loans are a great option. These loans have a lower rate during the determined initial period, and depending on market conditions and index rates, then fluctuate. This means different months will vary, causing your rate to be lower or higher. However, to limit the maximum your rate can increase, an interest cap is negotiated and placed on your Stamford mortgage.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Stamford
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan: The Federal Housing Administration is government-backed and insures these loans through your Stamford lender. We can offer you a better deal Including lower closing cost, a lower down payment, or lower interest rates. Borrowers must have lawful residency in the U.S., a valid Social Security number, and have steady employment history within the past two years.
- Tax ID Loan: These loans work best for Non-US citizens who do not have a credit score, Social Security number, or Green Card. Workers who have a passport and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) can be offered loans in the Stamford area.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loan: If you’re a military veteran looking for a mortgage loan in Stamford, our VA loan options may be just what you’re looking for! Compared to conventional loans, our VA loans have very low interest rates, and most don’t require money down. All that is required for this loan is proof of military service, proof that you haven’t been dishonorably discharged, and prior financials.
Mortgage Refinancing in Stamford
- Mortgage Refinancing Options: Refinancing is most common when you want to make adjustments to your monthly payments. To pay less through the lifetime of the loan or pay off the mortgage quicker, this can mean increasing or decreasing your interest rate or monthly payments. At Prysma, our goal is to mold your Stamford mortgage around your lifestyle and financial needs. Refinancing is often a useful option for Stamford homeowners.
Reverse Mortgage Options in Stamford
- Reverse Mortgage Options: If you’re looking to exchange equity for cash and are a homeowner over the age of 62, a reverse mortgage loan is for you. You exchange your part equity (ownership) of the home and we pay you instead, rather than paying us monthly payments for your mortgage. The borrower isn’t required to pay back the lender until the home is sold or vacated. Retirees looking for income to live on month-to-month often choose this option.
Our Connecticut Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma offers both conventional and unconventional mortgage loans in Greater Stamford and all throughout Connecticut. You are not required to visit our offices to complete the loan process. Each step of the loan process can be accomplished over the phone or online.
However, if you would like to stop by one of our locations, we have two Connecticut offices:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT