Home Loans – Meriden, CT
Your Trusted Meriden, CT Mortgage Lender
exPLORE YOUR Loan OPTIONS
If you’re seeking a trusted lender for conventional & unconventional loans within the Meriden area, you’ve come to the right place.
Prysma has helped families within the Meriden area discover that they do have the option to own their own home.
The Prysma team will sit down with you and discuss all of the best possible loan options, rates, and circumstantial factors contributing to your mortgage.
Our team is also open to meeting with you in-person. In fact, we have two offices for you to come by and speak with someone:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT
To start on your path to home ownership, fill out the form to the left, or call us today at: (888) 743-9985
Your different Meriden Mortgage loan options
The 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN MERIDEN, CT
Prysma will assist you throughout the home buying process. Whether this is a relocation or your first house in the greater Meriden area, there is the simple 4-Step process.
One of Prysma’s licensed Mortgage Loan Originators can help you with the pre-qualification process. A member of our team will work to get you pre-qualified for a loan up to a certain amount. The amount determined by the pre-qualification will help to establish the price range for what you can afford in a Meriden home. Our loan specialists are always available to answer questions. With so many loan options, we want you to be educated and choose the best loan option for your needs.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
You can begin shopping for your Meriden home immediately following the pre-qualification process. There are a number of factors to take into account when deciding on a property: price, location and safety among others. These are critical factors when looking at different home options. After you choose the perfect property for you, it is time to make an offer and negotiate with the seller on the final purchase price.
In order to apply and secure the right loan for your ideal new home (once you’ve decided on it and the sales price has been determined), it’s time to visit Prysma’s Mortgage Loan Originator again. One of our dedicated loan specialists will personally guide you through each step of the loan process.
closing & Moving in
Once the seller has accepted your offer and you have been approved for your mortgage, the closing process will begin. Now is the time to prepare to move into your new Meriden home!
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for Meriden Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding meriden home Mortgage loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans in Meriden
Conventional loans, for which there is no governmental financing, are backed and insured by either the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA). Prysma is responsible for all mortgaging. Prysma offers the following Meriden conventional loan options:
- Fixed-Rate Loan: A Meriden homeowner who is reliable with steady month-to-month with payments might want to borrow a Fixed-Rate Loan. We will discuss your monthly payments with you and then, in exchange for an agreed upon down payment, assign on one simple fixed rate. This way, there’s no guessing what your mortgage payment will be based on market and interest variables.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: Meriden homeowners who plan to own a house for a short term might want to go with an ARM loan. During the determined initial period, these loans have a lower rate. Once this period is up, the loan rates fluctuate depending on market conditions and index rates. An interest cap is negotiated and placed on your Meriden mortgage, thus limiting the maximum your rate can increase. Your rate might be higher or lower depending on the month.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Meriden
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan: Prysma, your Meriden lender, also offers government-backed Federal Housing Administration insures FHA loans. Prysma can offer you a better deal possibly including a lower down payment, lower closing costs, or lower interest rates. In order to go the route of an FHA loan you will need a Social Security number, lawful residency in the U.S., and a steady two-year employment history.
Tax ID Loan: These loans are a good option for Non-US citizens in the Meriden area who do not have a Social Security number, Green Card, or credit score. If you have a passport and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), you might be eligible for a Tax ID loan.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loan: Meriden military veterans are eligible for our Veterans Administration (VA) loans! Most of our VA loans don’t require a downpayment and have very low interest rates as compared to conventional loans. To take out a VA loan, you’ll need proof of military service, proof that you haven’t been dishonorably discharged, and prior financial records.
Mortgage Refinancing in Meriden
- Mortgage Refinancing Options: If you want to adjust to your monthly payments, refinancing might be a good choice for you. Refinancing increases or decreases your interest rate or monthly payments so that you can pay off your mortgage more quickly or pay less through the lifetime of the loan. Prysma aims to structure your Meriden mortgage to meet your financial needs and lifestyle. Refinancing is often a great option for Meriden homeowners.
Reverse Mortgage Options in Meriden
- Reverse Mortgage Options: Connecticut residents over the age of 62 who want to exchange equity for cash might benefit from a Reverse Mortgage. Those with reverse mortgages exchange part equity (ownership) of the home for monthly payments rather than making monthly payments for your mortgage. Retirees in search of income to live on month-to-month often do well with this option. With reverse mortgages, the borrower isn’t required to pay back the lender until the home is sold or vacated.
Our Connecticut Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma offers both conventional and unconventional mortgage loans in Greater Meriden and all throughout Connecticut. You are not required to visit our offices to complete the loan process as each step can be accomplished over the phone or online.
However, if you would like to stop by one of our locations, we have two Connecticut offices:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT