Home Loans – Hartford, CT
Your Trusted Hartford, CT Mortgage Lender
exPLORE YOUR Loan OPTIONS
Prysma is your trusted lender for conventional & unconventional loans within the Hartford area.
Prysma has helped families within the Hartford area realize that they do have the option to own their own home.
Our team of professionals will sit down with you and discuss all of the best possible loan options, rates, and circumstantial factors contributing to your mortgage.
We also offer the opportunity for you to meet one of our professionals in-person at one of our office locations:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT
If you want to start your journey to home ownership, fill out the form to the left, or call us today at: (888) 743-9985
Your different Hartford Mortgage loan options
The 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN HARTFORD, CT
Prysma can help you through the home buying process. Whether this is your first house or you are relocating to the Greater Hartford area, there is the simple 4-Step process.
Speak with one of Prysma’s licensed Mortgage Loan Originators. We will work to get you pre-qualified for a loan up to a certain amount. This amount helps you determine the price range for the Hartford home that is right for you. Our loan specialists take the time to any questions you have. We want to ensure you choose the best loan option for your needs.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
Once pre-qualification is complete, you can begin shopping for your Hartford home. Make sure to consider all the different factors including price, location and safety of the neighborhood when looking at different home options. After you choose the property you make an offer and negotiate with the seller on the final sales price.
You have found the perfect home in Hartford and a sales price is determined. Now it’s time to revisit with Prysma’s Mortgage Loan Originator to apply and secure the perfect loan for your new home. We’ll place you with a dedicated loan specialist will personally guide you through each step of the loan process.
closing & Moving in
After your offer has been accepted and you have been approved for your mortgage, the closing process will begin and you’ll prepare to move into your new Hartford home!
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for Hartford Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding Hartford home Mortgage loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans in Hartford
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA) backs and insures Conventional loans. This means that since there is no governmental financing; instead, Prysma, the lender, is responsible for all mortgaging. Here are the Hartford conventional loan options at Prysma:
- Fixed-Rate Loan: Fixed-Rate Loans are an excellent option for a Hartford homeowner who is reliable with steady month-to-month with payments and financing. In exchange for a predetermined down payment, your monthly payments will be discussed and set at one simple fixed rate. This way, there’s no guessing what your mortgage payment will be based on market and interest variables.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: ARM loans are good for Hartford homeowners who plan to own a house for a short term. These loans have a lower rate during the determined initial period. Then the rates fluctuate depending on market conditions and index rates. This means that your rate might be higher or lower depending on the month, but an interest cap is negotiated and placed on your Hartford mortgage. This limits the maximum your rate can increase.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Hartford
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan: The Federal Housing Administration is government-backed and insures FHA loans through us, your Hartford lender. As a result, Prysma can offer you a better deal possibly including a lower down payment, lower closing cost, or lower interest rates. You will need to have a valid Social Security number, lawful residency in the U.S., and a steady employment history within the past two years.
- Tax ID Loan: These loans are the right fit for Non-US citizens without a Social Security number, credit score, or Green Card. These loans are available to workers in the Hartford who have a passport and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN).
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loan: Military veterans looking for a mortgage loan in Hartford are eligible for our VA loan options! Most of our VA loans don’t require a downpayment and have very low interest rates as compared to conventional loans. All this loan requires is proof of military service, proof that you haven’t been dishonorably discharged, and prior financials.
Mortgage Refinancing in Hartford
- Mortgage Refinancing Options: When you want to make adjustments to your monthly payments, refinancing might be the way to go. This can increase or decrease your interest rate or monthly payments so that you can pay off your mortgage more quickly or pay less through the lifetime of the loan. Prysma aims to mold your Hartford mortgage around your lifestyle and financial needs. Refinancing is often a great option for Hartford homeowners.
Reverse Mortgage Options in Hartford
- Reverse Mortgage Options:
- If you’re a homeowner over the age of 62 and looking to exchange equity for cash, a Reverse Mortgage might be for you. Instead of paying us monthly payments for your mortgage, you exchange your part equity (ownership) of the home and we pay you instead.Retirees looking for income to live on month-to-month often do well with this option. In the case of a reverse mortgage, the borrower isn’t required to pay back the lender until the home is sold or vacated.
Our Connecticut Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma offers both conventional and unconventional mortgage loans in Greater Hartford and all throughout Connecticut. You are not required to visit our offices to complete the loan process as each step can be accomplished over the phone or online.
If you would like to stop by one of our locations, we have two Connecticut offices:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT