Home Loans – Derby, CT
Your Trusted Derby, CT Mortgage Lender
exPLORE YOUR Loan OPTIONS
For all conventional and unconventional loans within the Derby area, we are your trusted lender.
With the help of Prysma, families within the Derby area realize that they do have the option to own their own home.
You discuss all of the best possible loan options, rates, and circumstantial factors contributing to your mortgage when you meet with someone from our team of experts.
If you’re ready for the journey to homeownership, then fill out the form to the left, or call us today at: (888) 743-9985.
Your different Derby Mortgage loan options
The 4 STEPS TO HOMEOWNERSHIP IN Derby, CT
Prysma is standing by to assist you through the home buying process. Whether you are relocating to the Derby area or this is your first house, we’re ready. Here is the simple 4-Step process.
You will start by speaking with one of Prysma’s licensed Mortgage Loan Originators to get pre-qualified for a loan up to a certain amount. We will find the Derby home that is right for you after we get the amount in your price range. To help ensure you choose the best loan option for your needs, our loan specialists will take the time to answer all of the questions you have.
Find Your Home & Make an Offer
After pre-qualification, you can begin the search for your Derby home. Thr4e are many different factors to be aware of when looking at different home options, including location, price, and safety of the neighborhood. After you choose the property, you can make an offer and negotiate with the seller on the final sales price.
As soon as you have your Derby home chosen and a sales price is determined, you will meet again with your Prysma’s Mortgage Loan Originator so you can apply and secure the perfect loan for your new home. Each step of the loan process will be personally guided by a dedicated loan specialist.
closing & Moving in
Once you have been approved for a mortgage, you can prepare for closing and move into your new Derby home!
Why Borrowers Choose PRYSMA for Derby Home Loans
Prysma Lending went above and beyond to help me with my loan. It’s hard to rely on a good lender now a days, with all the big corporate banks out there. Prysma provided me with Amazing service. I have been using them for over 10 years and couldn’t be happier.
– S. Johnson
Highly recommend Prysma! They were very professional and went above and beyond my expectations! They kept me informed and answered all my questions. A special thanks for Debora and Mark for their effort, even during their vacation they worked and made my closing happened.
– M. Breda
Prysma cares about their clients and works hard to demonstrate that with each closing!
– W. Bernard
Understanding Derby home Mortgage loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans in Derby
Conventional loans are not backed or insured by The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) or the Veterans Administration (VA). This means the lender (us) is responsible for all mortgaging since there is no governmental financing. These are our Derby conventional loan options at Prysma:
- Fixed-Rate Loan:
These are a top choice for a Derby homeowner who is very reliable month-to-month with payments and financing. In exchange for a set down payment, monthly payments per month will be considered and set at one simple fixed rate. Therefore you won’t guessing what your mortgage payment will be based on market and interest variables.
- Adjustable-Rate (ARM) Loan: ARM loans are a great option for short term homeowners in Derby. These loans have a lower rate during the determined initial period, and depending on market conditions and index rates, then fluctuate. This means your rate to be lower or higher in different months. However, an interest cap is negotiated and placed on your Derby mortgage to limit the maximum your rate can increase.
Unconventional Mortgage Loans in Derby
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan:
Through your Derby lender, the Federal Housing Administration is government-backed and insures these loans. We can offer you a better deal Including lower closing cost, a lower down payment, or lower interest rates. In order to be a borrower, you must have lawful residency in the U.S., a valid Social Security number, and have steady employment history within the past two years.
- Tax ID Loan:
Non-US citizens who do not have a credit score, Social Security number, or Green Card should consider these loans. Workers in the Derby area who have a passport and Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) can be offered loans.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Loan:
If you’re a military veteran looking for a mortgage loan in Derby our VA loan options may be just what you’re looking for! Our VA loans have very low interest rates, and most don’t require money down, compared to conventional loans. All that is required for this loan is proof of military service, proof that you haven’t been dishonorably discharged, and prior financials.
Mortgage Refinancing in derby
- Mortgage Refinancing Options: When you want to make adjustments to your monthly payments, refinancing is most common. To pay less through the lifetime of the loan or pay off the mortgage quicker, this can mean increasing or decreasing your interest rate or monthly payments. Our goal is to mold your Derby mortgage around your lifestyle and financial needs here at Prysma. Refinancing is often a helpful option for Derby homeowners.
Reverse Mortgage Options in Derby
- Reverse Mortgage Options: If you’re are a homeowner over the age of 62 and looking to exchange equity for cash, a reverse mortgage loan is for you. Rather than paying us monthly payments for your mortgage, you can exchange your part equity (ownership) of the home and we pay you instead. The borrower isn’t required to pay back the lender until the home is sold or vacated. Retirees on the market for income to live on month-to-month often choose this option.
Our Connecticut Home Loan Office Locations
Prysma offers both unconventional and conventional mortgage loans in Greater Derby and all throughout Connecticut. Each step of the loan process can be accomplished over the phone or online so you are not required to visit our offices to complete the loan process.
However, if you would like to stop by one of our locations, we have two Connecticut offices:
18 Padanaram Rd, Danbury, CT
4750 Main St, Bridgeport, CT